Monday, January 13, 2014

new challenges for 2014

Wow! What a response to my Linear Refraction 60° Triangle and Parallelogram Quilt. Thank you so much for your support and warm comments. It really made my day and felt wonderful! I think everyone knows just how much it means when you receive a little recognition every so often. And with that in mind, I have joined several BOM (Block of the Month) programs and a block lottery. I was so inspired by reading all of your comments and visiting YOUR websites, I didn't want to miss out on all of the fun!

My first new program for this year is Cattinkas Hasenbach Challenge. I wanted to participate last year, but it filled up before the first week of enrollment was over! (or so I have it in my memories) Katrin organizes this program every year! I now her in real life as well, and she is really nice and has a great sense of humor! We are going on a weekend quilting retreat at the end of the month together with our patchwork group.

In this program, it is not set in stone what you have to make each month; it just has to be from one of Claudia Hasenbach's foundation pieced patterns, basically. I used to do a lot of foundation piecing in the past, but got a little bored with it after a while. We will see how long it keeps my interest. You can learn more about the challenge by clicking the picture below.

http://cattinkakw.blogspot.de/2014/01/chc-2014-start.html

My second new challenge is a program with a lottery!! Yeahh! I might actually win something...lots and lots of blocks...the next best thing to winning fabric. ;-) This caught my attention, because there is no obligation. You can participate one month or not. You may donate blocks if you want and just watch the lottery. There are some regulations such as a particular color scheme to keep all of the blocks unified. That's clever! I not only will make blocks for the lottery, I decided I would make one block in the colorway of my choice to keep and make a BOM as suggested by Jean-sophie. My six year old daughter and I sewed together the first blocks on the weekend. She did a really good job!

You can read more about the block lottery by clicking on the picture below. Here are my first blocks for the Lotto!

http://blocklotto.com/




Next up is the North Pole QAL (Quilt a Long) with Val Spiers. This actually started last year, but Katrin twisted my arm and is making participate in this one since I already had the book and all. ;.) I saw this pattern several years ago (when I was in my foundation craze) and bought it. Everything in the book is appliqué though. So it got put on hold. I worked out a version that was horizontal rather than vertical. We'll see how it goes. I am excited about those Christmas colors again. You can learn more about it by clicking the picture below.

http://valspierssews.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/north-pole-quilt-long.html

And last but definitely not least, the Sew Kitschy BOM!! I think there are quite a few of you out there that are extremely excited about this one! I am not sure what turned me on so much the simplicity or the kitsch! I love retro! I think that's what did it. You can even purchase the entire pattern collection via Craftsy if you want in advance and skip the BOM. I am going for the monthly free foundation patterns. I am going to let the others sew first to see exactly how I want my blocks with beautiful retro fabrics. Oh, and if you were wondering what the fabric were at the top of the post, they are more than likely going to be my pick for Sew Kitschy!

You can learn more about the BOM by clicking the picture below.

Quiet Play

That is it. Four new programs for 2014!! I have made the commitments. It is time to get down to business. In the next couple of weeks, I hope to have my list of WIPs (Work in Progress) that I would like to complete this year. I am a bit of a slacker and envy my colleagues who are soooo organized. I generally just jump in with arms and feet swinging everywhere!

Stay tuned and thanks again for all of your support and wonderful comments!!

Yours sewingly
Karen

3 comments:

  1. You have sure chosen a variety of lovely projects to work on! And your chevron blocks are sweet! Looking forward to seeing your progress on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich dachte sofort dass Du die Stoffe für sew kitschy gekauft hast, und sie passen sehr gut zu diesem Quilt, und Du weisst ja wie es ist, wenn man was Schönes sieht kann man nicht mehr Nein sagen, so ging es mir mit dem Retro Quilt ja auch. Wir werden dieses Jahr eine Menge Spaß beim Nähen haben.
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a small hanging from my favorites from the North Pole book when it first came out. I machine appliqued it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.